- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen.
Areas of Interest: Mobile
- Wi-Fi technology continues to evolve as wireless devices proliferate and demand for video and other data explodes.
11 weeks 1 day ago
- After years of coping with BYOD headaches, IT shops may soon have to support smart watches.
13 weeks 4 days ago
- With its use of Knox features and recent purchase of Divide, Google is 'catering directly to enterprise concerns for Android,' analyst says
13 weeks 6 days ago
- If you've ever been sick with a cold or the flu while traveling, Verizon's new videoconferencing technology could help you reach a doctor for a quick consult from a smartphone or tablet.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- During April's Boston Marathon, police in Brookline, Mass., piloted a wireless system that let undercover police and supervisors to use ordinary iPhones and Android devices to communicate with rugged Land Mobile Radios over LTE and other commercial cellular networks.
14 weeks 17 hours ago
- Google's annual I/O conference kicks off tomorrow amid widespread expectations that a new version of the Android OS will be unveiled, along with discussions of smartwatches and, perhaps, security.
14 weeks 21 hours ago
- Firefly, Dynamic Perspective are compelling features, but are they enough to make phone users drop the iPhone or Android?
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Hinted 3D features could be used to display Amazon store products for phone users.
15 weeks 1 day ago
- Amazon bragged that the Mayday tech support button on the Fire HDX tablet has become the most popular way to get tech help, with an average response time of just 9.75 seconds.
15 weeks 4 days ago
- The mobile OS is years behind Android and iOS with a fraction of the developers, says analyst.
15 weeks 6 days ago
- Amtrak is exploring ways it can upgrade the on-board Wi-Fi on its Acela trains between Washington and Boston, now notoriously poor for passengers, especially during rush-hour travel.
16 weeks 1 day ago
- Merger would create a larger No. 3 carrier, but number of nationwide carriers would fall from four to three.
16 weeks 5 days ago
- Apple's new iOS 8 will support Wi-Fi calling when the version launches in the fall, and T-Mobile US was quick to say on Monday it will support the feature on its customers' iPhones.
17 weeks 12 hours ago
- The emerging Tizen OS has attracted few radical types, just as other open source platforms like Android did in their early days.
17 weeks 1 day ago
- Components include an incubator for startups to build apps and other services for residents and visitors.
18 weeks 4 days ago
- LTE Multicast technology seen as expanding revenue streams for carriers and providing premium video to viewers
18 weeks 5 days ago
- Will offer new smartphones, and updates to some existing ones to add support for Voice over LTE.
18 weeks 6 days ago
- The troubled Windows RT operating system got nary a mention at Microsoft's Surface event today, but don't plan for RT's funeral just yet.
19 weeks 11 hours ago
- New service in 250 cities juggles AWS band with 700 MHz band.
19 weeks 15 hours ago
- AT&T will introduce a high-definition voice service over its LTE network in parts of four Midwest states on May 23, the carrier announced today.
19 weeks 5 days ago
- AT&T's apparent interest in DirecTV is only the latest move by the wireless carrier to expand into just about every wired and wireless market it can.
19 weeks 6 days ago
- Four years have passed since augmented reality apps for smartphones started appearing in app stores for consumer use, but the trend has been slow to catch on.
20 weeks 14 hours ago
- In some cases, custom antenna developers must account for how fat and skin affects a Bluetooth signal.
20 weeks 1 day ago
- Touts lower costs and 800,000 licenses given away since March.
20 weeks 5 days ago
- Is the Android Silver initiative mostly a rebranding effort for existing Nexus smartphones, or is it something much more?
21 weeks 4 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.