- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen.
Areas of Interest: Mobile & Wireless
- New Dynamic Perspective sensors help boost cost, though display costs are minimal, IHS says.
13 hours 26 min ago
- With Nokia's new low-cost phone, it's Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 that makes it good.
5 days 17 hours ago
- Businesses don't have to use Sprint's network or even Android devices.
6 days 9 hours ago
- Cisco says small cell technology is primed for explosive growth as it plans to connect 3G and LTE cellular networks to Wi-Fi access points that are already widely deployed in many enterprise facilities.
1 week 9 hours ago
- Motorola Solutions on Tuesday unveiled a speech technology upgrade targeting mobile device workers in warehouses and distribution centers.
2 weeks 18 hours ago
- Wi-Fi technology continues to evolve as wireless devices proliferate and demand for video and other data explodes.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- After years of coping with BYOD headaches, IT shops may soon have to support smart watches.
4 weeks 4 days ago
- With its use of Knox features and recent purchase of Divide, Google is 'catering directly to enterprise concerns for Android,' analyst says
4 weeks 6 days ago
- If you've ever been sick with a cold or the flu while traveling, Verizon's new videoconferencing technology could help you reach a doctor for a quick consult from a smartphone or tablet.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- During April's Boston Marathon, police in Brookline, Mass., piloted a wireless system that let undercover police and supervisors to use ordinary iPhones and Android devices to communicate with rugged Land Mobile Radios over LTE and other commercial cellular networks.
5 weeks 14 hours ago
- Google's annual I/O conference kicks off tomorrow amid widespread expectations that a new version of the Android OS will be unveiled, along with discussions of smartwatches and, perhaps, security.
5 weeks 18 hours ago
- Firefly, Dynamic Perspective are compelling features, but are they enough to make phone users drop the iPhone or Android?
5 weeks 5 days ago
- Hinted 3D features could be used to display Amazon store products for phone users.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- Amazon bragged that the Mayday tech support button on the Fire HDX tablet has become the most popular way to get tech help, with an average response time of just 9.75 seconds.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- The mobile OS is years behind Android and iOS with a fraction of the developers, says analyst.
6 weeks 6 days ago
- Amtrak is exploring ways it can upgrade the on-board Wi-Fi on its Acela trains between Washington and Boston, now notoriously poor for passengers, especially during rush-hour travel.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- Merger would create a larger No. 3 carrier, but number of nationwide carriers would fall from four to three.
7 weeks 5 days ago
- Apple's new iOS 8 will support Wi-Fi calling when the version launches in the fall, and T-Mobile US was quick to say on Monday it will support the feature on its customers' iPhones.
8 weeks 8 hours ago
- The emerging Tizen OS has attracted few radical types, just as other open source platforms like Android did in their early days.
8 weeks 1 day ago
- Components include an incubator for startups to build apps and other services for residents and visitors.
9 weeks 4 days ago
- LTE Multicast technology seen as expanding revenue streams for carriers and providing premium video to viewers
9 weeks 5 days ago
- Will offer new smartphones, and updates to some existing ones to add support for Voice over LTE.
9 weeks 6 days ago
- The troubled Windows RT operating system got nary a mention at Microsoft's Surface event today, but don't plan for RT's funeral just yet.
10 weeks 8 hours ago
- New service in 250 cities juggles AWS band with 700 MHz band.
10 weeks 12 hours ago
- AT&T will introduce a high-definition voice service over its LTE network in parts of four Midwest states on May 23, the carrier announced today.
10 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 19
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.