- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Areas of Interest:
- The tech IPO market is coming back, just don't call it a bubble.
2 days 18 hours ago
- Marc Ferranti wrote Wall Street Beat: Despite sagging hardware sales, confidence in tech remains highConfidence in the underlying strength of the tech sector as a whole appears to be solid despite some dispiriting news on the hardware front.
1 week 2 days ago
- As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
1 week 3 days ago
- If you want to find out how the so-called Internet of things is shaking up the tech industry, Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is the place to be this week.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty took to the Mobile World Congress stage Wednesday to announce a global competition to encourage developers to create mobile consumer and business apps powered by its Watson supercomputer platform.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Through a deal with PayPal, Deutsche Telekom is letting mobile users purchase digital goods and get billed on their regular mobile phone accounts.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- New Connected Car Cloud and Global SIM offerings debuting this week are driving Jasper Wireless' efforts to be a leading provider of services and applications for managing connected devices globally.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Accenture is extending its digital payments services with features integrating "big data" analytics capabilities and recommendation tools to allow its clients to build personalized, mobile e-commerce applications.
3 weeks 57 min ago
- MasterCard is helping to bring impulse buying to the world of apps by adding the ability to make purchases within a mobile app to its MasterPass service, which lets consumers store payment information on their devices and purchase items with a tap on the display.
3 weeks 1 hour ago
- Hewlett-Packard is plunging into the rapidly emerging field of network functions virtualization (NFV), announcing Monday an OpenNV program comprised of applications and services designed to virtualize core networks and network functions and allow telecommunications companies to more efficiently compete in the rapidly growing world of rich media.
3 weeks 8 hours ago
- Unveiling the Ascend G6 4G smartphone, the MediaPad X1 hybrid "phablet" and the MediaPad M1 tablet Sunday, Huawei took a big step toward proving that it should be a force to be reckoned with in mobile-device design.
3 weeks 19 hours ago
- Dell is teaming up with Red Hat to drive its effort to be a force in the burgeoning area of network function virtualization (NFV) technology, aimed at helping carriers reduce costs and quickly roll out new services.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp may end up being just one milestone in a strong year for tech mergers and acquisitions.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- Despite some shadows cast by Lenovo and Cisco earnings, IT stocks have had a strong week overall, with Nasdaq tech stocks reaching their highest point since the third quarter of 2000, during the dot-com bust.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Tech sector earnings this week stirred concerns about growth for social media companies LinkedIn and Twitter but highlighted positive trends for some networking and cloud services companies.
5 weeks 2 days ago
- Positive earnings news from the likes of Facebook, Google and Apple helped boost tech shares in what was otherwise a gloomy week for the markets.
6 weeks 2 days ago
- Law enforcement officials urged regulatory authorities to issue rules for virtual currencies at a New York public hearing Wednesday, as entrepreneurs pointed to the growing acceptance of the Bitcoin system and the need to attract major cybercurrency exchanges to the U.S.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- Bitcoin could gain widespread acceptance if clear government rules are put in place, but burdensome regulations could clip the wings of a fledgling industry, some of the biggest names in Bitcoin investing said at a New York public hearing Tuesday.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- Stocks including shares of tech companies tanked on Friday mainly due to worries about slowing global economic growth, but the mixed earnings reports from IT giants did nothing to calm concerns.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- Microsoft has issued a Surface Pro 2 update to fix glitches introduced by a December firmware release, which reduced battery life and changed how the device went into or out of sleep mode.
8 weeks 15 hours ago
- Intel expects that its workforce will decline by 5 percent as it heads into a year in which revenue is likely to be flat.
8 weeks 20 hours ago
- Venture capitalists poured more money into Internet companies last year than they have since the dot-com bust, according to a survey published Friday.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- After a year in which tech stocks boomed but overall IT spending barely eked out single-digit growth, market forecasters are adopting an air of cautious optimism for 2014.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- The U.S. government again claimed state-secrets privileges in a move to block two lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of the National Security Agency's monitoring of Americans' phone communications and email, according to court filings late Friday.
12 weeks 10 hours ago
- The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) paid $10 million to vendor RSA in a "secret" deal to incorporate a deliberately flawed encryption algorithm into widely used security software, according to a Reuters report that is reigniting controversy about the government's involvement in setting security standards.
12 weeks 17 hours ago
- 1 of 5
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.