- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Sprint has named Marcelo Claure to replace Dan Hesse as president and CEO, after giving up on its effort to acquire T-Mobile USA.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- With Google, IBM, SAP, Intel and other tech titans reporting earnings this week, the focus is again on mobile and cloud technology. The general trend appears to be that the further a tech vendor has moved away from its legacy desktop-oriented products, the better its earnings are.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- News about how tech sales are doing has been mixed, ahead of a flood of earnings reports from vendors.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- Taking on Google, Databricks plans to offer its own cloud service for analyzing live data streams, one based on the Apache Spark software.
11 weeks 6 days ago
- Shares of action-camera maker GoPro shot up again Friday, a day after its IPO, riding on the rise of tech stocks and continuing confidence in IT.
12 weeks 2 days ago
- An earnings miss by Oracle is usually enough to send tech market forecasters back to their spreadsheets with furrowed brows. But despite the enterprise software giant's weaker-than-expected financials, there was enough good news on the tech sales front this week to keep expectations for IT on the optimistic side.
13 weeks 2 days ago
- Sales have not been uniformly strong for IT, but there have been enough upbeat reports pouring in from vendor and market research companies to buoy overall confidence in tech.
14 weeks 2 days ago
- Technology stocks are up for the year, and while high company valuations may boost compensation for some executives, it doesn't necessarily help them sleep easier at night. In fact, those high share prices can be a cause for concern.
16 weeks 2 days ago
- Confidence in software-as-a-service, mobile and cloud technology is spurring tech mergers and acquisitions, despite lingering economic worries, according to market watchers.
17 weeks 2 days ago
- A slowdown in the growth rate for tablet and mobile phone sales and economic uncertainty in emerging markets are putting a damper on global IT spending, according to IDC.
18 weeks 2 days ago
- Despite a recent selloff in technology stocks, tech IPOs just keep coming and industry watchers appear confident that the trend will continue.
18 weeks 2 days ago
- Twitter, LinkedIn and eBay quarterly earnings show what Internet companies are up against.
20 weeks 2 days ago
- Tech industry bellwethers, including Facebook, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon, weighed in this week with quarterly earnings and -- surprise! -- mobile and cloud offerings appear to be the key to their health.
21 weeks 2 days ago
- Gains from its broadband and wireless businesses have fueled AT&T's best revenue growth in more than two years.
21 weeks 5 days ago
- Mixed news for hardware and some disappointing software vendor financial reports this week appeared to put a dent in confidence in the IT sector.
25 weeks 2 days ago
- The U.S. National Security Agency has hacked into Huawei Technologies servers, spied on communications of company executives and collected information to plant so-called backdoors on equipment from the Chinese networking manufacturer, according to reports published over the weekend.
26 weeks 10 hours ago
- Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
26 weeks 2 days ago
- The tech IPO market is coming back, just don't call it a bubble.
27 weeks 2 days ago
- Marc Ferranti wrote Wall Street Beat: Despite sagging hardware sales, confidence in tech remains highConfidence in the underlying strength of the tech sector as a whole appears to be solid despite some dispiriting news on the hardware front.
28 weeks 2 days ago
- As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
28 weeks 3 days ago
- If you want to find out how the so-called Internet of things is shaking up the tech industry, Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is the place to be this week.
29 weeks 3 days ago
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty took to the Mobile World Congress stage Wednesday to announce a global competition to encourage developers to create mobile consumer and business apps powered by its Watson supercomputer platform.
29 weeks 4 days ago
- Through a deal with PayPal, Deutsche Telekom is letting mobile users purchase digital goods and get billed on their regular mobile phone accounts.
29 weeks 5 days ago
- New Connected Car Cloud and Global SIM offerings debuting this week are driving Jasper Wireless' efforts to be a leading provider of services and applications for managing connected devices globally.
29 weeks 5 days ago
- Accenture is extending its digital payments services with features integrating "big data" analytics capabilities and recommendation tools to allow its clients to build personalized, mobile e-commerce applications.
29 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 5
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.