- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Kristin Burnham covers consumer technologies and social networking, including Facebook, Google, Twitter and LinkedIn for CIO.com. Follow Kristin on Twitter @kmburnham.
Areas of Interest:
- You don't need a big budget to be successful with social media, according to Walmart's director of social strategy. Here are five steps your business can follow to reap the benefits.
41 weeks 1 day ago
- Don't leave your network in the dark when you leave a job. Here are the dos and don'ts for announcing a career change on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
41 weeks 6 days ago
- If you use Google Reader, you must say goodbye to the service on July 1. Here are step-by-step instructions for exporting your information to use with another RSS service.
44 weeks 8 hours ago
- LinkedIn launches two-step verification, a redesigned 'Who's Viewed Your Profile' and adds the capability to upload photos, video and documents to your status updates. Here's what you need to know about the changes.
44 weeks 4 days ago
- Many businesses fight an uphill battle in their enterprise social network deployment: In fact, Gartner predicts that 80 percent of such initiatives fail. Here are the three most common obstacles businesses face and tips for how you can avoid them.
45 weeks 1 day ago
- While Yahoo's acquisition of blogging site Tumblr will make a handful of people very happy, others are not convinced. Here's how to import your posts from Tumblr to WordPress.
47 weeks 1 day ago
- Integrating Google Wallet with Gmail makes sending and receiving funds as easy as sending an email. Here's what you need to know about the new feature.
47 weeks 4 days ago
- Gmail's newest features include ways to search for old emails, quickly add meetings to your calendar, send large files and more. Here's a look at five of Google's latest email features to help you make the most of the popular Web-based service.
47 weeks 6 days ago
- LinkedIn's newest feature lets you showcase your professional achievements by uploading presentations, documents, images and video to your profile. Here are step-by-step instructions for improving your LinkedIn brand.
49 weeks 1 day ago
- Do you know what to do if your Twitter account is hacked? Here are four steps to take to regain control of your account and ensure it doesn't happen again.
50 weeks 5 days ago
- Following Tuesday's hacking of the Associated Press' Twitter account, the microblogging site is reportedly working on a two-step authentication security solution to help prevent future hijackings.
50 weeks 6 days ago
- According to a new report, the value of a Facebook "like" has increased 28 percent over the last three years. Here's a look at other findings from the survey, plus tips for how you can continue to use Facebook to build brand loyalty and drive sales.
51 weeks 6 hours ago
- Have you kept up with LinkedIn's latest features? To help you zero in on the most significant enhancements and maximize your social networking success, here's a rundown of the latest changes and updates.
1 year 4 days ago
- If your connections are endorsing you for skills you don't want to be known for (or don't have), removing the feature from your LinkedIn profile is easy. Here's how to do it.
1 year 5 days ago
- Last week, Facebook released new software for Android phones called "Home." The software is a set of apps that you can download to put Facebook photos and messaging front and center on your mobile device.
1 year 6 days ago
- Social media certifications are a growing trend, but is a training course right for you?
1 year 1 week ago
- Pandora and Rosetta Stone have embraced social business tools and the cloud to cut costs, increase productivity and improve collaboration. Learn how these two companies overcame security concerns, gained executive buy-in and more.
1 year 2 weeks ago
- Facebook has been busy lately, unveiling Graph Search, a new News Feed and now a redesign of Timeline. The good news is that the changes are likely to improve the social network. Here's a look at the best features of Facebooks recent updates.
1 year 4 weeks ago
- LinkedIn may be the go-to place for many job seekers, but dont stop there. Here's a look at how you can use Facebook, Twitter and Google+--as well as some lesser-known social networks--to attract recruiters and land a job.
1 year 4 weeks ago
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's controversial decision to ban employees from working from home led some to question the value of social business tools. Two executives from social business providers say Yahoo's problem isn't about collaborating. It just needs to manage better.
1 year 5 weeks ago
- Would you use Facebook to job hunt? According to the 2012 Social Job Seeker Survey by recruiting and job site Jobvite, Facebook is emerging as a leading social network for job hunting.
1 year 6 weeks ago
- Our LinkedIn guide delivers expert advice on the site's features, step-by-step how-to instructions, details on its apps and proper LinkedIn etiquette. Also included: tips and tricks for your job search and company analysis.
1 year 7 weeks ago
- LinkedIn's redesigned Jobs page sports a new look and a handful of updated features, making it easier for you to find the perfect job.
1 year 7 weeks ago
- How you handle your last days at a company can cast a lasting impression on your professional reputation. Here are the dos and donts of leaving, plus tips for tying up loose ends on LinkedIn.
1 year 8 weeks ago
- IT leaders can't always measure a project's success by revenue or cost-saving metrics. Brookdale Senior Living's CIO achieved a greater objective by bringing social networking to its communities' residents: It improved their lives.
1 year 9 weeks ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.