- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Kristin Burnham covers consumer technologies and social networking, including Facebook, Google, Twitter and LinkedIn for CIO.com. Follow Kristin on Twitter @kmburnham.
Areas of Interest:
- While Yahoo's acquisition of blogging site Tumblr will make a handful of people very happy, others are not convinced. Here's how to import your posts from Tumblr to WordPress.
2 days 9 hours ago
- Integrating Google Wallet with Gmail makes sending and receiving funds as easy as sending an email. Here's what you need to know about the new feature.
5 days 23 hours ago
- Gmail's newest features include ways to search for old emails, quickly add meetings to your calendar, send large files and more. Here's a look at five of Google's latest email features to help you make the most of the popular Web-based service.
1 week 9 hours ago
- LinkedIn's newest feature lets you showcase your professional achievements by uploading presentations, documents, images and video to your profile. Here are step-by-step instructions for improving your LinkedIn brand.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- Do you know what to do if your Twitter account is hacked? Here are four steps to take to regain control of your account and ensure it doesn't happen again.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Following Tuesday's hacking of the Associated Press' Twitter account, the microblogging site is reportedly working on a two-step authentication security solution to help prevent future hijackings.
4 weeks 4 hours ago
- According to a new report, the value of a Facebook "like" has increased 28 percent over the last three years. Here's a look at other findings from the survey, plus tips for how you can continue to use Facebook to build brand loyalty and drive sales.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Have you kept up with LinkedIn's latest features? To help you zero in on the most significant enhancements and maximize your social networking success, here's a rundown of the latest changes and updates.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- If your connections are endorsing you for skills you don't want to be known for (or don't have), removing the feature from your LinkedIn profile is easy. Here's how to do it.
6 weeks 7 hours ago
- Last week, Facebook released new software for Android phones called "Home." The software is a set of apps that you can download to put Facebook photos and messaging front and center on your mobile device.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- Social media certifications are a growing trend, but is a training course right for you?
7 weeks 1 day ago
- Pandora and Rosetta Stone have embraced social business tools and the cloud to cut costs, increase productivity and improve collaboration. Learn how these two companies overcame security concerns, gained executive buy-in and more.
8 weeks 1 day ago
- Facebook has been busy lately, unveiling Graph Search, a new News Feed and now a redesign of Timeline. The good news is that the changes are likely to improve the social network. Here's a look at the best features of Facebooks recent updates.
9 weeks 6 days ago
- LinkedIn may be the go-to place for many job seekers, but dont stop there. Here's a look at how you can use Facebook, Twitter and Google+--as well as some lesser-known social networks--to attract recruiters and land a job.
10 weeks 1 day ago
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's controversial decision to ban employees from working from home led some to question the value of social business tools. Two executives from social business providers say Yahoo's problem isn't about collaborating. It just needs to manage better.
11 weeks 9 hours ago
- Would you use Facebook to job hunt? According to the 2012 Social Job Seeker Survey by recruiting and job site Jobvite, Facebook is emerging as a leading social network for job hunting.
11 weeks 2 days ago
- Our LinkedIn guide delivers expert advice on the site's features, step-by-step how-to instructions, details on its apps and proper LinkedIn etiquette. Also included: tips and tricks for your job search and company analysis.
12 weeks 6 days ago
- LinkedIn's redesigned Jobs page sports a new look and a handful of updated features, making it easier for you to find the perfect job.
12 weeks 6 days ago
- How you handle your last days at a company can cast a lasting impression on your professional reputation. Here are the dos and donts of leaving, plus tips for tying up loose ends on LinkedIn.
13 weeks 5 days ago
- IT leaders can't always measure a project's success by revenue or cost-saving metrics. Brookdale Senior Living's CIO achieved a greater objective by bringing social networking to its communities' residents: It improved their lives.
14 weeks 2 days ago
- LinkedIn's redesigned Alumni tool helps you find contacts from college and gives you insights into the companies they work for, the fields they work in and where they live. Here's how you can use the tool to help find an MBA program or land that dream job.
15 weeks 5 days ago
- 14 social business case studies.
16 weeks 8 hours ago
- Facebook settled a class action lawsuit that sets aside $20 million for users whose image or name was featured in Sponsored Stories advertisements. Here's how to find out if you qualify for a paycheck.
16 weeks 2 days ago
- iPhone users in the U.S. and Canada can now use Facebook's Messenger app to place free calls to Facebook friends.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- At Kaplan, a genuine enthusiasm for technology comes from the top: Its CIO embraces the consumerization of IT and wants employees to be as excited about technology as he is. That culture led Kaplan to migrate from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps and, mostly recently, to Google+.
17 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.