- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Juan Carlos Perez
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Juan Carlos Perez is assistant news editor of the Miami Bureau at IDG News Service.
Areas of Interest:
- Microsoft has added features to the text editor of Outlook Web App to improve its handling of text, tables, images and hyperlinks.
4 hours 52 min ago
- Cisco unveiled Wednesday an array of video conferencing products as it seeks to provide video collaboration systems for meeting rooms of all sizes.
7 hours 53 min ago
- People can now earn a finder's fee when they refer customers to Google for its Apps email and collaboration suite.
1 day 3 hours ago
- After about a week-and-a-half, Google finished unclogging a backlog of legitimate messages its Postini spam filter trapped by mistake at the end of February.
2 days 39 min ago
- Microsoft didn't disappoint with the new and improved capabilities it announced and demonstrated for Office 365 this week, but how well they work in the real world remains to be seen.
4 days 21 hours ago
- The latest version of the Gmail app for iOS cuts down on inbox refresh delays and simplifies the log-in process for users with multiple Google mobile apps, the company said Wednesday.
1 week 1 hour ago
- Juan Carlos Perez wrote Microsoft digs into 'natural interaction' technologies for touch-first OfficeAs it works on its much-anticipated version of Office for touch interfaces, Microsoft envisions building on what it calls "natural interaction" technologies like digital ink and voice recognition, according to a company official.
1 week 2 hours ago
- After testing a preview version of the Outlook.com-Skype integration for almost a year in some markets, Microsoft has now made it generally available to all users.
1 week 1 day ago
- Microsoft has introduced OneDrive for Business, the new name for SkyDrive Pro, and announced that companies can adopt the cloud storage service as a standalone product, without having to sign up for Office 365 or SharePoint Online.
1 week 1 day ago
- Juan Carlos Perez wrote Microsoft aims to make Office 365 'smarter' via social, APIs, machine learningMicrosoft will add new software, developer tools and capabilities to Office 365 in an attempt to make the cloud applications suite a "smarter" product that is better at helping people interact at work.
1 week 2 days ago
- Microsoft has a new version of SkyDrive Pro's iOS app that has the cloud storage product's new identity -- OneDrive for Business -- and broadens its scope of users.
1 week 5 days ago
- Google has been scrambling for more than 24 hours to unclog a queue of messages sent to Gmail users that its Postini email filter incorrectly labeled as spam and quarantined.
1 week 6 days ago
- Microsoft has again painted a grim picture for customers who remain on Windows XP and Office 2003 after it ends support for the old OS and suite in early April, but it's unclear if the company is succeeding in its campaign to convince holdouts to upgrade.
2 weeks 2 hours ago
- Delays affected the delivery of messages to Gmail users Tuesday morning, days after key Google Web apps, including Docs and Drive, were hit by a bug lasting more than five hours.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- LinkedIn has beefed up its profile-view analytics feature, revamping its interface, displaying more granular data and providing suggestions for improved visibility on the professional networking site.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- Nokia's Here Maps application will be available for free in the coming days for all Windows 8.1 users, including those with devices running Windows Pro and Windows RT.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- A service disruption that lasted more than five hours made key Google Web apps malfunction on Thursday.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Apple launched the iPad four years ago, igniting a tablet frenzy that altered personal computing at home and at work, but Microsoft has yet to release an Office version for touchscreen devices.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- In appearances in September and October, Steve Ballmer said Microsoft would build native Office editions for iPads and Android tablets, but the company's marketing chief spoke with much less certainty when asked about this on Thursday.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft has fixed a variety of bugs that affected people's ability to use Skype's instant messaging feature across different devices.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Box will beef up its consulting team this year with several CIOs as it seeks to grow sales and adoption of its enterprise cloud storage and file sharing service in specific industries.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Bill Gates has hopes a better condom will reduce HIV infections, is optimistic about digital currencies' ability to help the poor, and trusts he'll be able to help Microsoft in his new role as technology adviser.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Microsoft made a surprising, intriguing and dramatic announcement on Tuesday: No, it wasn't Satya Nadella's appointment as CEO to replace Steve Ballmer. It was the news that Bill Gates would step down as chairman and take on a new tech advisory role in which he'll substantially increase his involvement with the company he co-founded in 1975.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Meet the new guy: He sounds just like the old guy.
5 weeks 20 hours ago
- 1 of 17
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.