- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Jim Duffy covers Cisco Systems, Internet and enterprise routing, and switching. Follow him on Twitter @Jim_Duffy.
Areas of Interest: Networking
- Cisco on Monday said it is expanding on its Intercloud multi-cloud service provider initiative with another $1 billion investment, designed to lead to more products, data centers and partners.
1 day 8 hours ago
- The Metro Ethernet Forum this week announced intentions to define parameters for Ethernet network-as-a-service.
6 days 2 hours ago
- Broadcom this week announced availability of new Ethernet switch silicon optimized for cloud-scale data centers.
6 days 5 hours ago
- Open source SDN controller is commercial distribution of OpenDaylight Project code.
1 week 1 day ago
- Privately held Metacloud provides OpenStack-as-a-service for global enterprises.
1 week 6 days ago
- Cisco is bringing technology obtained through last year's acquisition of Sourcefire to its firewalls to enable threat-focused security for enterprises.
2 weeks 10 hours ago
- Brocade this week today announced that it has acquired the network visibility and analytics technology assets from privately held Vistapointe in an all-cash transaction.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- The enterprise and data center SDN market grew 192% in 2013 and is poised to reach $18 billion by 2018, according to Infonetics Research.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Two major emerging network trends, Software-defined networking (SDN) and Internet of Things (IoT), are destined to intersect, with one perhaps dependent on the other.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Cisco this week revamped its UCS server line with systems designed to scale form the largest cloud deployment to those with only up to 15 servers.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- The impending arrival of 25G will help drive the Layer 2-3 Ethernet switch market to approach $25 billion in 2018, according to Dell'Oro Group.
8 weeks 5 days ago
- Cisco announced it will soon ship its Application Centric Infrastructure controller and rolled out other extensions across its data center portfolio.
9 weeks 10 hours ago
- Juniper Networks has divested its mobile security product line, selling the assets to a private equity firm for $250 million.
10 weeks 1 hour ago
- The standards organization has formed an 802.3 25G Ethernet study group to consider market opportunities and requirements.
10 weeks 5 hours ago
- Big Switch Networks this week is unveiling an SDN controller designed to bring Google-like hyperscale networking to enterprises.
10 weeks 10 hours ago
- Cisco is adding its APIC Enterprise Module, an enterprise controller for its programmable Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), to its software development community to ready it for general release.
10 weeks 1 day ago
- Cisco this week expanded its data center arrangement with Microsoft with a multiyear sales and go-to-market effort for integrated products. The deal builds upon one agreed to 15 months ago, when the two companies combined cloud offerings under their respective Cisco Unified Data Center and Microsoft Fast Track 3.0 architectures.
10 weeks 4 days ago
- ONUG also forms use case working groups for WANs, overlays and services virtualization.
10 weeks 6 days ago
- Arista Networks this week unveiled a fixed configuration top-of-rack switch with 100G Ethernet uplinks for congestion-sensitive big data, streaming video and IP storage workloads.
11 weeks 9 hours ago
- Cisco is considering joining a handful of companies, including Google and Microsoft, that have defined a specification for 25Gbps and 50Gbps Ethernet for data centers requiring greater than 10/40Gbps.
12 weeks 2 hours ago
- Cisco last week acquired Assemblage, a maker of browser-to-browser collaboration tools that do not require downloads, plugins or installations.
13 weeks 1 day ago
- Cisco and NetApp say FlexPod integrated IT infrastructure system generated $3 billion in joint sales in three years.
13 weeks 1 day ago
- Cisco's proclamations on the value of the Internet of Things/Everything market -- $14.4 trillion -- would seem to include everything but the kitchen sink... and maybe even that if it's IP-enabled.
13 weeks 5 days ago
- Pluribus Networks lets Arrow spearhead server/switch hardware sales while it focuses on network hypervisor software.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- HP this week is refreshing its 5400 series switch line with new chassis that features double the switching capacity of its predecessor.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 10
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.